Twingo 3 with Android Car headunit

• Hello guys,

I am so sorry for writing in English language. I recently move to live in Dusseldorf, so I am still learning German language.

Over the weekend I finished my setup on our Twingo 3 0.90 EDC.

Here are some photos.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KZ134AJ

Tomorrow morning I will list all components of my setup.

Process of installation is pretty easy and straight forward.

So far everything is working as expected including steering wheel controls for audio and phone, DAB+ and 4G LTE, Google Maps/Waze, YouTube/Netflix

The only thing that I am missing at the moment is Bluetooth OBD adapter that should arrive tomorrow.

• Hi guys,

Here is the list of components that I purchased:

1. Vanku 10 Inch Android 10 Car Radio Moniceiver - 1 DIN unit.

2. Tomzz Audio 7045 003 Adapter Cable (Set) for Renault Twingo III smart FourTwo from 2015 2015 to 16-Pin ISO Standard

3. 1-DIN Radioblende für Renault Twingo 3 ab 2014

4. Tangxi DAB Car Radio, DAB + Box Digital Radio, DAB Tuner, DAB Receiver with Antenna, FM Transmission, USB Powered

5. Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tools Car Diagnostic Engine Code Reader for OBD II/EOBD Vehicles for Android

6. 4G LTE USB Network Adapter WLAN Hotspot Router Modem Stick, Mini Network Adapter Share up to 10 WLAN Users, Micro S D Memory, Extension up to 32 GB (with WiFi Function)

For 4G function, I am using Fraenk SIM card with 4 GB Data included for 9.99 EUR monthly, which is not bad, especially as I am mainly using data for Google Maps and Waze.

For those who want to have Steering wheel joystick to be working with monciever, you need harnessing kit, and this one works too:

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSRN011#

I am really super happy with overal performance and functions, and of course, now having DAB+, it is really not comparable with anything from before.

In total it took me 1.5 hrs to assemble all, where biggest time I dedicated on passing GPS and WiFi antenna cables, USB cables (There are 3 in total), and DAB+ antenna to DAB+ receiver, which is sitting in front compartment.

• Das Android 1 Din Radio ist super!

Bin super glücklich :)

Ich finde nur, dass der WLAN Empfang des Geräts fast nicht existent ist.

ich muss nochmal schauen, ob ich etwas falsch angeschlossen habe.

alles weitere ist bis jetzt wirklich spitze.

die Blende kommt wie zuvor gesagt von vorn auf das Radio, was aber kein Problem ist.

• Hello WiFlex

I made a very similar setup and your thread helped me a lot.

im absolutely in love with the new system.

I bought a 8core with 6GB ram and 128gb storage unit. From outside it’s identical to yours.

I also got all music control buttons on the wheel to work with an connects2 adapter.

I have one question, I have the same „speak button“ on the front of the steering wheel, did you manage to get this button working? For example to trigger an speech assistant like google or Alexa on the Android unit? Would be really cool to get this button working in some way.

Speaking of Alexa, I can‘t get the Alexa App to work.

After signing in, the app just crashes.

I tried to figure out the reason, what I noticed was, the login page which pops up after the first „Alexa app“ start points to „amazon.cn“ which is the china domain and all Amazon Alexa services do not work over this .cn domain.

i did not figure out why the app always points to amazon.cn instead of amazon.com or in my case it’s .de for Germany.
    If you change the system language, the Alexa app login page also changes its language, but it still points to amazon.cn, so it’s just the translation which changes.

I think the main issue here is the wrong login page and I don‘t know which Setting of the head unit causes the Alexa app to point to .cn

have you tried this before?

• The speak button on steering wheel (face symbol) have no connection to the joystick (under the wiper stick).
    This speak button is connected to to a Control Unit with CAN Bus and over CAN bus to the original radio....

After market radios can not use the speak button.

Steering wheel converters convert only the resistiv joystick buttons for a after market radio and read the CAN Bus for using ignition, light, backwards drive....

I made a DIY steering wheel converter to use the joystick buttons on a china radio with KEY1 and KEY2 inputs and use the steering wheel learning function.

The DIY version only cost's 2€

amazon.CN problem - change in the main settings the location to germany
    or the Alexa App is preinstalled - deinstall it and download the Alexa App with your local google account

2015 TCe 90 Energy Eco 2 Luxe Sport Sound

supplemented with
    - Webasto TT Evo inkl. TC4A , MultiControl, ext. Temp.Sensor, Standlüften

- 10,1" Touch Android Radio

- Aktiv Subwoofer

- Front, Back, Font Kamera u. Dashcam
    - QI Ladegerät im Ablagefach
    - 3W LED Innenraumleuchte

- Mittelarmlehne Leder

- Rücksitzbankheizung
    - Touchtaste i.d. Innenraumleuchte f. Garagentorsender
    / Kofferraum
    - LED Kofferraumbel. mit Dauerlicht

-
    FindMyCar/Coming-Leaving Home Light
    - LED Rückleuchten

• Couldnt you use a canbus Decoder or something like that?

• there is no decoder available that support the speak button.

And nobody knows the CAN Bus protocol that is send if the button is pushed.

So you need a CAN Bus sniffer.

2015 TCe 90 Energy Eco 2 Luxe Sport Sound

supplemented with
    - Webasto TT Evo inkl. TC4A , MultiControl, ext. Temp.Sensor, Standlüften

- 10,1" Touch Android Radio

- Aktiv Subwoofer

- Front, Back, Font Kamera u. Dashcam
    - QI Ladegerät im Ablagefach
    - 3W LED Innenraumleuchte

- Mittelarmlehne Leder

- Rücksitzbankheizung
    - Touchtaste i.d. Innenraumleuchte f. Garagentorsender