0.9 tce problems with turbo intake valve?

• Hi,

I have a 2015 Twingo 3 0.9 tce 90HP chiptuned to 110HP. Lately the car accelerates very bad and inconsistent. The turbo builds pressure very harsh early in the revs while higher it flattens out. The turbo blow off whistle is cool, but I have the idea it loses pressure too soon. As it turns out there are some codes stored in the car:

DF101, DF1017, DF1554, DF1188(actuator blocked in open position). I believe something is wrong with the turbo inlet valve. Does this necessarily mean the whole turbo needs to be replaced? Maybe other people have had this problem in the past and have suggestions?

Thanks

• So far I remember, there is a chance to repair the actuator which drives the wastegate valve.
    It should also be possible just to change the wastegate. In some cases it might be exchangable with a spare part from Smart (actually the same engine, but more spare parts available)

For more hints/details please look for WASTEGATE through the search function.

this link might be helpful:

Turbo Probleme / Defekte beim TCe 90 / TCe 110 Diskussion

Twingo III Energy Cosmic TCe90 EDC

..jetzt auch mit Leistung... :D

• Bastuck Twin E
  • A little update for future readers. Short after last post i've brought my Twingo to the dealer. The error codes indicated a defective turbo (wastegate), but all it needed was a command for the turbo to be "taught-in". Apparently, the chiptuning overwrote this data. It's now running like a dream; much smoother power curve and thus no unwanted harsh acceleration, also with cold engine.